A walk around the narrow streets of Calpe's Old Town are a must for any visitor to Calpe.
Calpe Old Town - The Old Town of Calpe, Costa Blanca - Nuestra Señora de las Nieves - Calpe Old Town Restaurants
A walk around the narrow streets of Calpe's Old Town are a must for any visitor to Calpe. The original fishing village of Calpe originally consisted of a walled old town constructed around the church, the wall being built to defend the residents against frequent attacks by pirates from North Africa.
Nuestra Señora de las Nieves
The parish church of Nuestra Señora de las Nieves is located in the heart of the old town. This attractive building was built in 1975 & has a mixture of both modern & traditional design. It's features include beautiful stained glass windows, and mosaic murals both externally & inside the building - these illustrate different periods from the Old & New Testament, as well as images of the Cristo del Sudor, and the Virgen de las Nieves.
Torreó de la Peça
The Torreó de la Peça is a defence tower in which would have been sited the "peça", a piece of artillery which defended the Christian town from the XV century onwards. Next to the wall are located two cannons extracted from the port of Calpe -they were constructed in England and date back to the XIV century.
|La Plaza||Nuestra Señora de las Nieves
Calpe Old Town Restaurants & Bars
A great choice of restaurants exists in the Old Town of Calpe, including:
* Cambalache Argentino - An Argentinian Steakhouse
* Casa Mola Mola - Creative Kitchen
* El Posit Restaurant - Established restaurant serving Meat & Fish dishes
* El Santo - Steakhouse & Pizzeria
* El Toro Blanco - The White Bull Pub
* La Casa Restaurant - International & Swiss Cuisine
* Restaurante Le Petit Cafe de Paris - Intimate Swiss-French Restaurant
* Restaurante Los Dos Cañones - Mediterranean food
Please complete this form to request more information.